"Please put mouse on the buttons below for a more detailed description."
- Customer name
- Immediately contact KEPCO if customer’s name on the electric bill is different from the name of electric consuming place. We need accurate customer name, address and others to provide a better service.
- Month consumed
- Year and month in which KEPCO claims bills to customers. Beware of your rate calculation since month in which the bill has been claimed may be different from actual period consumed.
- Electric bill
- Electric bill is sent via mail, in person or e-mail seven days prior to payment due date. Call customer center (123 for wired phone, regional code number + 123 for mobile phones) and request electric bill if it has not arrived before payment due date or has been lost.
- Voucher proving that you have paid your electricity rate. It can also be used as invoice for your own keeping if it is completely filled out.
- Customer No.
- Customer No. is customer identification. Identify yourself with customer number when you want to get a customer service or make complaints for a faster and accurate processing.
Total amount billed
- Total amount billed
- Total amount to be paid with the bill
Payment due date
- Payment due date
- Electric rate has to be paid by payment due date or otherwise overdue rate is charged. Electricity supply is suspended (cut off) if you have not paid for three months. If payment due date is a holiday, the following date becomes payment due date.
- Service period
- Basis for calculating electricity rate of the month, which is from metering date of the previous month to metering date of the following month.
Customer-only designated account
- Customer-only designated account
- Account No. on the monthly electric bill to conveniently pay electric bill. The rate can be paid via online banking, telephone banking and ATM banking.
- Base rate
- Rate billed to make up for depreciation, payment interest and other fixed cost accrued from building power plants and substations as part of investment into electric supply facilities. Base rate for household electric power is divided into six categories based on amount consumed and that for others is based on calculating contracted electricity with unit base rate. However, base rate of high-voltage customers who have maximum demand electricity meter base rate is determined by calculating unit bate rate by maximum demand electricity of Dec., Jan., Feb., Jul., Aug., Sept. out of the twelve months preceding metering and the month in which electricity consumed is metered.
Electricity consumption rate
- Electricity consumption rate
- Household electricity is divided into six categories based on amount consumed. Consumption rate for others by contract type is based on calculating amount consumed with unit electricity rate.
Power factor rate
- Power factor rate
- (09:00 ~ 23:00) Power factor rate is applied to aboveground. If average power factor falls short of 90%, 0.5% of per base rate is added to 60% of the power rate in short. If average power factor exceeds 90%, 0.5% per 1% that exceeds up to 95% of power factor should be reduced. (23:00 ~ 09:00) Leading power factor is applied. If average power factor falls short of 95%, 0.5% of base rate for every 1% is added to 60% of power rate in short.
Big family rate
- Big family rate
- Household customer who has more than five members in his/her family according to his/her resident registration form is applied with rate one category lower than what he/she is subject to pay for consumption exceeding 300kWh but less than 600kWh per month (maximum monthly limit: 12,000 KRW)
Three children+ rate
- Three children+ rate
- Discount rate applied to household customers of which the household has more than three children – discount rate : 20% of the month concerned
(maximum monthly limit : 12,000KRW) Big family rate is applied if discount is less than big family rate.
- Welfare discount
- Welfare discount rates are applied to household customers with following beneficiaries and discount rate.
- Social welfare facilities
: facilities subject to the Social Welfare Service Act ((21.6% discount) – general 20%, nighttime(A) 31.4%, nighttime(B) 20% discount
- The disabled
: grade 1 ~ 3 disability subject to the Act on Welfare of Persons with Disabilities (fixed rate discount / monthly limit: 8,000KRW)
- Men of national merit
: grade 1 ~ 3 disabled national patriots and veterans subject to the Act on the Honorable Treatment and Support of Persons, etc. of Distinguished Services to the State (fixed rate discount / monthly limit: 8,000KRW)
- 5.18 men of national merit for advancing
grade 1 ~ 3 disabled national patriots and veterans subject to the Act on the Honorable Treatment and Support of Persons of Distinguished Services to 5.18 Democratic Movement (fixed rate discount / monthly limit: 8,000KRW))
- Independence patriots
independence patriots or one family member who has been awarded the right as an independence patriot subject to the Act on the Honorable Treatment of Persons of Distinguished Services to Independence (fixed rate discount / monthly limit: 8,000KRW)
- Basic living recipients
: beneficiaries subject to the National Basic Living Security Act – nighttime electricity (A) 31.4% discount, nighttime electricity (B) 20% discount
- Low income family
: low income family subject to the National Basic Living Security Act (fixed rate discount / monthly limit: 2,000KRW) – nighttime electricity (A) 29.7% discount, nighttime electricity (B) 18% discount
- Social welfare facilities
Discount for automatic payment
- Discount for automatic payment
- 1% of electric rate is discount for customers who have applied for automatic payment
(monthly limit: 1,000KRW, automatic payment via credit card is excluded).
Discount for online payment
- Discount for online payment
- 200KRW/month is discount to customers who receive electric bill via e-mail.
Total electricity rate
- Total electricity rate
- Base rate combined with rate for electricity consumed and other rates (power factor rate, automatic payment discount, billing discount, welfare discount, etc.) that serve as the supplied value in tax invoice.
Meter / instrument indemnity
- Meter / instrument indemnity
- Customers should indemnify attached electric instruments and meters owned by KEPCO if they are damaged or lost due to customers’ mistake. Electric instruments and meters attached based on contracted electricity become damaged if actual consumption exceeds contracted electricity. Meter and instrument indemnity is calculated with 「meter value based on the latest price information × (1-years of service ÷ service life)」.
- Overdue rate
- Overdue amount incurred when electric rate is not paid is calculated by applying overdue rate based on days in arrears of each month (2.0% for one month, 2.0% for two months). Ex> electric rate : \100,000 / payment date : Oct. 25 / payment date : Oct. 28 (three days overdue) One month> \100,000 × 2.0% × 3 days ÷ 31 days = \193(overdue rate)
- Electricity fund
- Objective of electricity fund raised by the government is to solidify the foundation for the electricity industry and secure capital for sustainable development of the industry subject to Article 38 of the Electricity Utility Act. It is used to support production of alternative energy, control electricity demand, promote development of power supply, support electricity supply to remote regions, support R&D, related coal and gas industries, group energy businesses, safety inspection, PR and residents close to power plants subject to Article 49 of the same Act. Electricity fund is collected by KEPCO, which is the electricity supplier, as consigned by Minister of Trade, Industry & Energy. Thirty out of a thousand of the month electric rate is collected as electricity fund as notified by Ministry of Trade, Industry & Energy (Article 37, enforcement ordinance of Electricity Enterprises Act).
- Additional charge
- Overdue rate accrued from not paying electricity fund is additional charge. Rate for additional charge is 1.5% for one month and 2.5% for two months.
- Unpaid rate
- Unpaid rate is the electric rate that has not been paid by payment due date.
TV license fee
- TV license fee
- TV reception fee is charged to individuals, groups or organizations that have color TV receivers. TV license fee per registered TV receiver is 2,500 KRW and the same fee is charged for households that own more than two televisions. Offices and stores should pay TV license fee for each television set owned. (number of television owned X 2,500KRW) Television license fee for registered TV receivers per Article 64, the Broadcasting Act has been claimed to electric rate since Oct. ‘94 as per Clause 2, Article 67 of the same Act and Clause 2, Article 43 of the enforcement regulations of the same Act. Payment overdue rate for not payment TV license fee is 5%.
By contract type
- By contract type
- Electricity consumption by contract type is divided into household, general, education, industrial, agricultural, streetlights, reserve electricity and temporary electricity.
Regular metering date
- Regular metering date
- Monthly regular metering date in which rate payment occurs to calculate customers’ monthly rate.
- Meter number
- Unique serial number of each meter number
- Meter multiple
- Meter multiple in most meters is 1 but high-voltage customers or low-voltage, high-capacity customers like small plants need an equipment to lower voltage or current since they can’t be meter with the general meter. The multiple proportionate to voltage or current reduced in the meter has to be used to calculate the actual amount of electricity consumed.
- Contracted electricity
- Maximum electricity allowed under the contract, which serves as the basis for calculating base rate in all contract types excluding household, agricultural, streetlights (A), nighttime electricity (A).
No. of households
- No. of households
- No. of households applied in household/house rate system defined as 「the rate system mitigating electricity rate burden from applying progressive rate by splitting electricity rate of two households living in a single house」.
No. of TV sets
- No. of TV sets
- Number of TVs subject to TV license fee. Households should pay TV license fee for only one TV set even if they have more than two TV sets. Black-and-white TVs are not subject to TV license fee.
- Power factor
- Power factor is the ratio of active power against apparent power or ratio of electric power actually working out of total electric power entered. Power factor is lower in motor, welder or fluorescent lights that have more coil substances. Resistant electric devices that generate heat such as electric heaters and light bulbs have good power factor.
Meter indicator comparison
- Meter indicator comparison
- Amount of electricity consumed by deducting indicator of the current month in the bill charged for the current month from indicator of the previous month
Indicator of the said month
- Indicator of the said month
- Indicator metered on the regular meter date of the said month. Indication up to kWh is the fixed number, which is the meter basis.
Indicator of the previous month
- Indicator of the previous month
- Indicator metered on the regular meter date of the previous month. Indication up to kWh is the fixed number, which is the meter basis.
- Amount consumed
- Amount deducting total amount of electricity metered in the previous month from total amount of electricity metered in the said month. It serves as the basis for calculating rate paid for amount of electricity consumed.
Comparison of the amount of electricity consumed
- Comparison of the amount of electricity consumed
- Amount of electricity consumed for the current month / previous month / the same month in the last year to compare consumption based on the indicator
- Customer center
- Call KEPCO Customer Center at 123 (area No. + 123 from mobile phones) for a fast and accurate customer service.
Digital tax invoice
- Digital tax invoice
- VAT is charged to electric rate. It can be kept as tax invoice if it is filled out with all the information required by National Tax Service.
QR code for payment
- QR code for payment
- QR code printed on bill to pay electric rate after banks are closed and on Sundays. Electric rate can be paid at 24-hour convenience stores with the QR code.